We are hiring Executive Administration Assistant
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is actively looking for a motivated junior executive administration assistant to join its international team in Lund, Sweden, starting on 1 December 2022.
- Salary: 28000 SEK
- Hours: Full-time 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
- Start date: 1 December 2022
About the TEH
Trans Europe Halles is a pan European network with more than 140 members in 40 European countries in every part of the continent initiated by citizens and artists.
We have been at the forefront of repurposing industrial and commercial buildings for arts, culture and community uses since 1983. TEH members are multidisciplinary spaces that combine artistic and social activities, as they believe that arts and culture have the power to transform people, spaces and societies.
The coordination team consists of 11 skilled and motivated people from different professional backgrounds and origins (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa), and a long record of international experience. TEH’s communication language is English.
About the position
This position is a great opportunity for an entry-level professional willing to work in an international NGO environment. You will get a chance to travel and take part in large scale projects making an impact on the European culture sector, meet professional teams across Europe, learn a lot about European funding and develop an extensive European network in the arts and culture.
You will also be in a pivotal position when it comes to team building and creative thinking, on HR matters, remote work environment set up, and will be given the possibility to realize your vision and ideas to administrative support the network in the best way possible.
Reports to: The Director of Finance and Administration
Works with: Colleagues within the Trans Europe Halles Office, the network members and prospective members, funding bodies, external suppliers, landlord, job applicants.
Main purpose of the position:
- To support the Directors of the organization.
- To act as a liaison between the Board of Directors, the Managing Director, the Directors, the team, the network members and external stakeholders.
- To implement the administrative processes, policy and resources required to support the aims and objectives of the network
Key responsibilities and outcomes
Assistance to the Director of Finance and Administration
- Prepares reports containing budget information, monthly spending, cycle time and office attendance analysis.
- Invoicing, cost accounting, payment of bills, banks reconciliation
- Completes and audits monthly reports such as payroll and petty cash.
- Collects and composes information needed for reporting, projects, memorandums
- Collaborating with the Director of Finance and Administration in the improvement of internal policies and systems (finance and admin related)
- Providing accounting and administrative support to the senior project managers: control of income, cash flow, and expenditure of the organization (following up budgets, alerting on application/reporting deadlines, validating the quality of contracts drafted by project managers and partners with consultants and other contractors)
Executive administration assistance and general office management
- Contributing to strategic analysis and planning together with the rest of the team
- Managing the schedule/calendar of the Managing Director, including setting appointments, making travel arrangements, registration and accommodations for meetings and conferences, and checking in daily/weekly to prioritize meetings and arrangements.
- Making travel arrangements, registration and accommodations for conferences for the Directors and the TEH staff.
- Scheduling various events, programs and activities as well as technical coordinating staff meetings.
- Documenting information, taking minutes at meetings, creating agendas, notices and memos, and distributing to the appropriate parties.
- Organizing and supervising office maintenance and services, purchasing, monitoring the inventory of supplies
- Receiving and screening emails and visitors.
- Supporting the team on set-up and improvement of efficient remote work environment.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or relevant work experience) in Business Administration, International Development, Human Resources, Business communication, Database management, Information technology, Organizational strategies, Bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Live or are willing to relocate to Sweden, can work in Sweden legally and are open to travelling several times a year.
- Have a first experience of executive level support, preferably in the NGO/non-profit sector. Additional experience in the public administration sector and/or familiarity with EU funding is an asset.
- Have a first experience working in a Swedish organization and have a practical knowledge of Swedish labor environment standards and regulations.
- Have some IT knowledge and experience and are digital savvy and curious about new trends, new tools, new modes of organization, new usages in administration.
- Have expert proficiency of the Microsoft 365 environment
- Have an empathetic and easy communication style, able to relate to a wide range of people.
- Are VERY organized, detail oriented, reliable, accountable and responsible
- Respond well to stress, can manage multiple responsibilities and meet sharp deadlines
- Have an interest in arts and culture, architecture and urbanism and/or social justice.
- Are a team player, understand the ethos of our organization.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in BOTH Swedish and English. Other European languages are welcome!
Trans Europe Halles is an equal opportunity employer that values all knowledge and cultures, and we are committed to the advancement of women, visible minorities, and people with disabilities.
We strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28 October, 2022.