We are hiring an Admin and Logistics Secretary
Trans Europe Halles is actively looking for a motivated junior Admnistrative and Logistic Secretary to join its international team in Lund, Sweden, starting April 2023.
This position is a great opportunity for an entry-level professional willing to work in an international NGO environment. You will get a chance to take part in the European Cultural sector. You will be given the possibility to realise your vision and ideas to improve the administrative and logistic support for the network in the best way possible.
- Salary: 14000 SEK
- Hours: Part-time 0,5 FTE (20 hours per week)
- Start date: April 2023
- 1 year contract renewable
The Director of Finance and Administration
Colleagues within the Trans Europe Halles Office, the network members and prospective members, funding bodies, external suppliers, landlord.
About Trans Europe Halles
Trans Europe Halles is a pan European network with more than 150 members in 40 European countries in every part of the continent initiated by citizens and artists.
We have been at the forefront of repurposing industrial and commercial buildings for arts, culture and community uses since 1983. TEH members are multidisciplinary spaces that combine artistic and social activities, as they believe that arts and culture have the power to transform people, spaces and societies.
The coordination team consists of 11 skilled and motivated people from different professional backgrounds and origins (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa), and a long record of international experience. TEH’s communication language is English.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Key objectives of the position
- To support the directors and staff members of the organisation.
- To implement the administrative processes, policy and resources required to support the aims and objectives of the network
- To provide efficient support and ensure success of logistic and administrative activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards and agreed budget.
- Managing the schedule/calendar of Managing Director, including setting appointments, making travel arrangements, registration and accommodations for meetings and conferences, and checking in daily/weekly to prioritise meetings and arrangements.
- Making travel arrangements, registration and accommodation for conferences for the Directors and the TEH staff and external participants if requested.
- Scheduling various events, programs and activities as well as technically coordinating staff meetings.
- Documenting information, taking minutes at meetings, creating agendas, notices and memos, and distributing to the appropriate parties.
- Organising and supervising office maintenance and services.
- Maintain office supplies inventory as well as kitchen supplies.
- Receiving and screening emails and visitors.
- Managing reimbursement requests of the Directors, TEH staff and external participants.
- Keep admin documents filed systematically in both electronic and hardcopy formats.
- Review supplier contracts and contracts for terms and conditions.
- Provide logistic support and IT onboarding for new TEH staff members.
- Perfect fluency in Swedish mandatory (non-Swedish speaking applicants will not be considered)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or relevant work experience) in Business Administration, Database management, Information technology, Bookkeeping and/or Accounting.
- Live or are willing to relocate to Sweden, can work in Sweden legally and are open to travelling several times a year.
- Have a first experience of executive level support, preferably in the NGO/non-profit sector. Additional experience in the public administration sector and/or familiarity with EU funding is an asset.
- Have a first experience working in a Swedish organisation and have a practical knowledge of Swedish labour environment standards and regulations.
- Have some IT knowledge and experience and are digital savvy and curious about new trends, new tools, new modes of organisation, new usages in administration.
- Have expert proficiency of the Microsoft 365 environment.
- Have an empathetic and easy communication style, able to relate to a wide range of people.
- Are VERY organised, detail oriented, reliable, accountable, punctual, precise and responsible.
- Respond well to stress, can manage multiple responsibilities and meet sharp deadlines
- Have an interest in arts and culture, architecture and urbanism and/or social justice.
- Are a team player, understand the ethos of our organisation.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Other European languages are welcome!
How to apply
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) to email@example.com before March 31 2023.
Please note that while we value all applications but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us within the two weeks after the application deadline, please consider that your application was not selected. We thank you for your understanding.
Trans Europe Halles is an equal opportunity employer that values all knowledge and cultures, and we are committed to the advancement of women, visible minorities, and people with disabilities.
We strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.