We are hiring a Communications Assistant
We take our communications seriously and always try to deliver both playful and distinctive content that puts focus on our members and their projects. As our comms activities and ambitions grow, we are looking for a communication assistant to join our comms team to support us with two new projects.
About the position
Communications Assistant position will work closely with the Cultural Transformation Movement (CTM) and project (CTMP), which is one of TEH strategic projects and hubs aiming at diversifying the European cultural sector, as well as ZMINA-Rebuilding Project which supports Ukrainian artists and cultural organisations.
Currently, this position is a part-time position but it has the potential to evolve into a full-time position in the future.
- Part- time (20 hours a week)
- Part-time gross salary (before tax): 14 000 SEK
- Work location: Lund, Sweden, with flexibility of 50% remote work policy
- Deadline to apply: 15 July
- Start date: ASAP
About Trans Europe Halles
Trans Europe Halles is a pan-European network with more than 160 members in 40 European countries and beyond. We have been at the forefront of repurposing abandoned buildings for arts, culture and community uses since 1983. TEH members are multidisciplinary spaces that combine artistic and social activities, as they believe that arts and culture have the power to transform people, spaces and societies. TEH’s communication language is English.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent experience in communication and media, marketing or journalism.
- Strong copywriting skills and experience in writing short and long-form copy in English that feels fresh, engaging and distinctive.
- Familiarity with the best practices of common social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook LinkedIn.
- Experience in using Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign for creating visual content.
- An understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion in arts and culture and usage of inclusive language in communication.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Other languages, such as Spanish, French or Italian, will be an asset.
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to
- Be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Have an interest in arts and culture, social justice or architecture and urbanism.
- Understand the ethos of TEH as an organisation.
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement the project’s communication plan under the supervision of the projects’ managers and with guidance from the communications direction.
- Maintain and update the webpages of ZMINA-Rebuilding and CTM projects.
- Create multimedia content as necessary, such as press releases, social media posts, visuals, publications, etc.
Additional requirements: The successful candidate should
- Have the right to work in Sweden.
- Live in/be willing to relocate to Lund, Sweden
- Be able to travel frequently for work-related activities.
- Be able to work in TEH office in Lund-Sweden at least 50% of their time, according to TEH’s remote work policy.
If you fulfil the requirements and you are interested in this job, please send a brief cover letter and a CV to email@example.com by 15 July 20223.
Trans Europe Halles is an equal opportunity employer that values all knowledge and cultures. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from under-represented groups; candidates from diverse backgrounds, across all abilities, sexual orientations, faiths and age groups to apply for this job.
We welcome, value and examine all applications and we would like to thank you for your interest in TEH. However, due to the high number of applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider that your application has not been selected if you haven’t heard from us by July 31.