(ESC) European Solidarity Corps Programme
Trans Europe Halles has long been involved in the European Solidarity Corps Programme as a sending and hosting organisation.
About the European Solidarity Corps Programme (ESC)
The European Solidarity Corps (ESC) is a funding programme of the European Union that creates opportunities for young people between the ages of 18-30 to volunteer and run their own solidarity projects that benefit communities around Europe. It is financed by the European Commission through a €1.009 billion budget for 2021-2027. The ESC aims to foster solidarity in European society, engaging young people and organisations in accessible and high-quality solidarity activities. It offers young people volunteering activities, traineeships, jobs or the ability to run their own projects. These opportunities give young people the chance to show solidarity and commitment to different communities and to help resolve challenging situations across Europe. Through their experience, they will also develop their skills and gain invaluable personal experience. ESC promotes inclusion and diversity and aims to embrace green practices in projects (such as traveling by train instead of plain). It supports projects and activities that boost digital skills and fosters digital literacy. The programme also promotes participation of young people in democratic processes and civic engagement
Most opportunities through the European Solidarity Corps are cross-border volunteering activities. Simply put, volunteers travel abroad to carry out volunteering activities. The volunteering activities/projects are an excellent opportunity to help where needed, learn new skills, spend time abroad, maybe learn a language – and come back with unforgettable memories.
Trans Europe Halles through its individual volunteering programme host in its office in Sweden, volunteers with profile in arts and culture event production and communications. We also act as support organisation when send volunteers abroad.
- can last from 2 months up to 12 months
- is full-time (between 30 and 38 hours a week)
- allows you to contribute to the daily work of an organisation that is actively benefiting the local community
- is usually ‘cross-border’ – i.e. in a different country to where you live
- in some cases, you can take part for a shorter time (from 2 weeks to 2 months) – for example for participants with fewer opportunities, or disabilities
Supporting and host organisations
To partake in individual volunteering activities through the ESC, 2organisations must be involved:
- supporting organisation – based in your home country, will help you prepare for your experience abroad
- host organisation – where your volunteering activities takes place will receive and help you in your destination country.
You can search for a potential supporting organisation on the accredited/Quality-Labelled organisation database.
European Solidarity Corps volunteering activities are open to 18–30-year-old people who reside in programme and partner countries.
- You are covered by a complementary insurance
- You can access a range of support services such as linguistic support and training
- Your basic costs will be covered (your travel to and from the project, accommodation and food)
- You’ll also receive a small allowance for personal expenses (€3-6 a day, depending on the country)
- If you have specific needs (e.g. a disability), these costs may also be covered
- Registering in the European Solidarity Corps portal through the link below to have access to a personal dashboard. https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/register/check_en
- Search for Trans Europe halles to find our publish volunteering opportunities
Our ESC team
PROJECT MANAGER & MEMBER RELATIONS
Questions and more information: reach out to ESC project firstname.lastname@example.org
ESC EVENT PRODUCTION VOLUNTEER
I am involved in the production of TEH networking events. Those are yearly meetings, advocacy and city visits. I work on programme production, communications and logistics. Contact me if you have a question regarding TEH meetings and other events.
ESC COMMUNICATIONS VOLUNTEER
As a part of the communications team, I help develop and support the comms strategy. Some of my missions include social media content creation, data collection, and onsite live covering of our meetings. Contact me if you would like to share stories of TEH as I am collecting anecdotes and stories regarding our 40th anniversary campaign.