EIT Culture & Creativity
Trans Europe Halles & the EIT Culture & Creativity are strategic partners for the development of the Green Fund for Cultural and Heritage Buildings of TEH
About this initiative
The EIT Culture & Creativity is the ninth Innovation Community with the mission to boost the competitiveness of European Cultural and Creative Sectors and Industries (CCSI) and strengthen their role as drivers of prosperity for Europe.
More about the initiative
- Break boundaries in CCSI education
- Deliver mission-driven innovations leveraging the change-making power of CCSI to develop eco-systemic services and products rebuilding Europe after the COVID-19 pandemic as a carbon neutral continent.
- Provide experimental spaces to enable creative innovations stimulation through research and technology transfer and early adoptions in emerging high growth global markets.
- Transform CCSI businesses through custom-fitting innovation support, incubation schemes, and novel investments and philanthropic financing.
- Mainstream the impact and value of CCSI especially culture and heritage as an enabler for economic regeneration, and societal cohesion.
- Deepen the acknowledgement and knowledge of CCSI´s unique contributions to research and innovation ecosystems.
- Scale up its efforts to diversify the cultural leadership and practices in Europe
- Investigate creative solutions and new financial instruments/models to sustainably transform cultural spaces and buildings
- Strengthen TEH’s entrepreneurial/social innovation initiatives at a global level
- Develop a strong digital and youth strategy for the culture sector
- Stand strongly for the reinforcement of a bold EU model of IP protection, value of artistic creation, prevention from GAFA hegemony and content standardisation.
- By 2030, EIT Culture & Creativity will have delivered:
- 1 500 graduates from EIT-labelled programmes
- 44 000 professionals upskilled in 200 lifelong learning courses
- 400 tested innovations, 155 marketed innovations, 5500 IP entries
- 1 100 organisations supported to expand their business and reach
- EUR 80 million invested in start-ups with 200 start-ups created
- 250 initiatives that promote and celebrate EU identities, values and culture
- 100 CCSI-driven community (re)generation initiatives
- 1 800 CCSI organisations transformed to be more digital, green and social.